- CrossFit Level 1 Certified
- CrossFit Level 2 Certified
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certified
- CrossFit Endurance Certified
- CrossFit Gymnastics Certified
- Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified Instructor
- F-irst Aid CPR AED Certified
Who I Am:
I am originally from Bulgaria in Eastern Europe. I moved to the United States in 2006, coming directly to the Upper Midwest and working various jobs, while pursuing my dream of opening my own gym. Sports and fitness have always been a big part of my life. When I was young, my father made me exercise before going to bed. I still remember the moves, which included sit-ups, pushups and pistol squats. I played many different sports, such as soccer, taekwondo, and kickboxing. I discovered CrossFit in 2012 and, after my first WOD (Workout of the Day,) I knew that was what I want to do for the rest of my life. Together with my wife Giane, we opened Hotova CrossFit in Buffalo, Minnesota in 2014. We love that Buffalo is a health-minded community, and we are enjoying getting to know everyone and settling here to raise our family. I like everything about this area, especially hanging out by the lake, but only when it’s warm. I am not a fan of winter.
Why I Coach:
I like CrossFit because of the variety and the everyday challenge. I believe CrossFit creates better people. It is priceless to see the look on our members’ faces when they come to gym and accomplish something new with each workout. My personal favorite move is the deadlift, and my favorite WOD is Cindy.
Advice for Beginners:
Just follow three, simple steps:
1. COMMIT. Decide to make a change, because just thinking about it doesn’t do anything. Make a commitment to yourself and make things happen.
2. BE CONSISTENT. Stick to your commitment and continue to make small changes every day. Going all-out in the beginning is a recipe for failure. It is better to take small, steady steps and keep at it. The journey toward a better and healthier life should be a marathon, not a sprint. Embrace this change as a lifestyle and not as an obligation. Give your best every day.
3. ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
“Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man, but, sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.” –Vince Lombardi